The club’s Board and staff have been working on an implementation plan of the U.S. Soccer changes for the past two months. Our primary goal has been to develop and offer programs for players at all ages and all levels of ability to maximize their potential and develop a passion for the game, while also making Warrington Soccer Club one of the most attractive places for soccer families in Bucks and Montgomery counties.
A brief overview of our 2016/2017 program offerings are below. Further details will be provided in future communications.
- FC Warrington Premier Teams – Our goal for the 2016/2017 season is to have one premier team at each age group starting at 11 and under (2006 birth year) and above. The final criteria for player ability and the coach requirements are still under development and will be released in Early 2016. The FC Warrington Premier teams will have a separate tryout process from the Travel Competitive Teams.
- Travel Competitive Teams – For the 2016/2017 season, the club’s travel competitive teams will start at 11 and under (2006 birth year) and be available up to 19 and under (1998 birth year). Much like our travel program now, the number of teams and player selection will be based on the number of players in each age group and each player’s abilities and potential. After the open tryout, the A team coach will pick his/her perceived top group of age appropriate players, the B team coach will then select the next group of players, and so forth. Players will be required to try-out for the age group based on their birth year.
- Travel Academy Teams – For the 2016/2017 season, the club’s travel academy teams will start at 9 and under (2008 birth year) and include 10 and under (2007 birth year). Much like our current academy program now, the number of teams and player selection will be based on the number of players in each age group and each player’s abilities and potential. The age group will be coached by a paid coach and be responsible for player development.
- Intramural and Joint Intramural League Teams – Starting in the fall of 2016, these programs will be offered with the implemented changes to Birth Year registration and the small sided standard rule changes. These programs are offered starting at 6 and under up to 19 and under. For the 4 and under and 5 and under age groups, the club will continue its partnership with Smart Soccer to offer these age groups a great introduction to the game utilizing the "one with one" style of activities.
- Intramural Select Teams – Our Intramural Select teams are formed each season during the Fall. Teams are formed by age group through player selection and identification by the individual Head Intramural coaches. Teams typically compete in 1-2 tournaments. Starting in 2016/2017, we are looking to expand this program by offering additional winter season training sessions and spring tournaments.
- Winter Academy Program – Our pre-travel Academy program is designed for the 7 and under and 8 and under age groups to provide a fun learning environment where players are introduced to technical skills to teach ball control, individual possession, and a joy for the game. This program takes place indoors once a week during the winter. January to March time frame