Travel Tryouts 2019-20 Travel Season
Our club remains open to all players interested in our program. Coaches conduct player evaluations at practices and if roster spots are available on the team, they have the ability to extend offers. We encourage you to contact any team's Head Coach directly with questions and interest.
Contact information for our coaches can be found at the following links:
Warrington Soccer Club welcomes and encourages parents interested in our club and travel program to connect directly with our teams' coaches prior to tryouts to learn more about us and our programs. If you are interested in attending practices or training sessions prior to our formal tryout dates, that too is encouraged and welcomed. Visit the team pages for the contact information of our Girls Travel Teams Coaches and Boys Travel Teams Coaches.
- FC Warrington Premier Travel Program
- Age Groups: Selected teams starting at u11 & older
- Warrington Travel Competitive Program
- Age Groups: u11 and older
- Warrington Academy Travel Program
- Age Groups: u9 - u10
Nearly all of the clubs in our local community have travel teams for u8 players. Warrington Soccer Club does not. Please read our statement on Under 8 Travel Teams to learn why. We also encourage you to learn more about the Warrington Futures program that we have created in place of u8 travel.
Each team will have a minimum of two and possibly three tryout dates. We ask all players trying out to attend a minimum of two sessions. The more the coaches and evaluators can see their skills the better opportunity the player has to make the team. Players are evaluated on the four pillars of soccer; technical ability, tactical ability, physical ability, and psychological attributes of the game. Each evaluator for the WSC is looking for and reporting on the same information across the tryouts.
As a player trying out for a WSC travel team you will need to know and come with the following:
- You must pre-register online before your tryout at a fee of $10. This covers insurance, a tryout shirt, and the cost for an independent evaluator. The fee will be applied as part of your club registration fee if you register with the soccer club. Click HERE to register.
- Each player trying out must attend a minimum of two tryouts. We fully understand you may have schedule conflicts (or injuries) preventing attendance, we simply ask that you speak with the Coach. They are directed td be as accomodating as possible. Attendance at a practice may be a requested option.
- Upon arrival at the tryout location you will need to check-in at the registration table to receive your tryout t-shirt that is to be used for the duration of tryouts. Please check-in each night of tryouts and wear the tryout shirt.
- Players are to bring a ball and are required to wear shin guards. If they do not wear shin guards they will NOT be able to participate in that day’s tryout.
- Parents should not stand on the sidelines during tryouts. To give your child the optimum tryout attention from our evaluators, it is best that parents do not participate in coaching from the sideline. Remember, these are children that are already nervous. You will be asked politely to move away from the tryout location should this occur.
- After each evening of tryouts there will be a coach’s meeting with parents to go over expectations and to have a Q&A session with the staff. This is critical for our u9 & u10 Academy Program. One parent must attend one or all of the meetings.
- Parents of players trying out for our ACADEMY PROGRAM (u9 & u10) will receive the following:
-Pamphlet giving an overview of player benefits
-Information regarding the WSC objectives
-Financial information regarding the cost per player
Warrington Soccer Club thanks you for considering our Travel Soccer program. We are confident we can provide an environment for your son or daughter to foster their passion and love of the game and develop as both a player and person. We wish your player luck and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.